Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I declare that this manuscript is my/our original work and it is submitted only to the GiLE Journal of Skills Development for consideration. The text, images or any other material included in the manuscript contains no violation of any existing copyright and does not infringe any rights of third parties.
- My manuscript adheres to the GJSD Author's Guidelines, including using the GJSD manuscript template. If not, I have included a detailed explanation to the Editor in the Comments box.
- The submission is in OpenOffice (.odt), Microsoft Office Word (.doc, .docx), or RTF (rich text format) document file format.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Where available, DOI URLs (https://www.doi.org/...) for the references have been provided.
- All listed Authors participated in the work in a substantive way and are prepared to take public responsibility for the work.
Authors who submit papers to this journal agree to the following terms:
The paper will be made Open Access under the terms of the Creative Commons CC-BY 4.0 which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided that the Author(s) is properly cited.
The Author retains all proprietary rights in addition to copyright, such as patent rights in any process, procedure or article of manufacture described in the Contribution.
Publisher, the GiLE Foundation, and users have non-exclusive rights under the terms of the CC-BY 4.0 License. “Contribution” means the article submitted by the Author for publication in the Journal (including any embedded rich media) and all subsequent versions. The definition of Contribution does not extend to any supporting information submitted with or referred to in the Contribution (“Supporting Information”). To the extent that any Supporting Information is submitted to the Journal, the Publisher is granted a perpetual, non-exclusive license to publish, republish, transmit, sell, distribute and otherwise use this Supporting Information in whole or in part in electronic and print editions of the Journal and in derivative works throughout the world, in all languages and in all media of expression now known or later developed, and to license or permit others to do so.
The following information shall be clearly identified in the manuscript:
(1) all financial and material support for the research and work;
(2) any financial interests the Author(s) may have in companies or other entities that have an interest in the information in the Contribution or any submitted Supporting Information (e.g. grants, advisory boards, employment, consultancies, contracts, honoraria, royalties, expert testimony, partnerships, or stock options);
(3) indication of no such financial interests if appropriate;
(4) there are no conflicts of interest relating to the manuscript, except as disclosed.
- The manuscript and any submitted Supporting Information contain no libellous or unlawful statements, do not infringe upon the rights (including without limitation the copyright, patent or trademark rights) or the privacy of others, do not breach any confidentiality obligation, do not violate a contract or any law, or do not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury, and only utilize data that has been obtained in accordance with applicable legal requirements and Journal policies.
Only submit material and content that is your (or your team's) work entirely.
GJSD is an open-access journal: all of its content is available for all users without any limitations and registration requirements, and readers are able to access all published content free of charge.
GJSD does not charge its Authors any fee whatsoever including, among others, article processing charges (APC) or submission fees.
For all articles published in GJSD, copyright is retained by the Authors. Articles are licensed under an open access Creative Commons CC BY 4.0 license.
Authors are free to upload a copy of your article to any open-access repository (i.e. ResearchGate, etc.) so long as the article's publication in GJSD is accurately acknowledged, particularly along with its uniquely assigned DOI as well.
Permissions: Authors wishing to include figures, tables, or text passages that have already been published elsewhere are required to obtain permission from the copyright owner(s) for both the print and online format and to include evidence that such permission has been granted when submitting their papers. Any material received without such evidence will be assumed to originate from the authors. Please be aware that some publishers do not grant electronic rights for free and that GJSD will not be able to refund any costs that may have occurred to receive these permissions. In such cases, material from other sources should be used.
For manuscripts reporting studies involving human participants, the GJSD requires a statement from Authors to confirm that the appropriate ethical approval/s has been received, along with details of the approving ethics committee/board, and that the study conforms to recognized standards, see for example the Declaration of Helsinki and US Federal Policy for the Protection of Human Subjects.